Intern as a Seamstress for Pretty Freedom?
Interns are unpaid. But we’re generous with clothing & the occasional white wine spritzer.
The Seamstress intern will participate in various duties within a new & exciting vintage clothing store. These deliverables are disseminated via the emerging brand, Pretty Freedom. We’re looking for someone who would love to alter or repair women’s vintage garments. Perhaps even bedazzle a pair of men’s vintage swim trunks?
Typically the ideal candidate must be a forward-thinking individual who is motivated to produce great work, has a complimentary balance of design and development skills, and also possesses a basic understanding of the retail environment. An affinity towards vintage clothing & a sense of humour is a PLUS. For this internship in particular, this includes the essential requirement of the ability to sew. Of course.
He/She will work closely with the owners of Pretty Freedom and will expand their creative super powers. The ideal candidate will be a fashion design student or a recent graduate looking to gain experience in the field within a young company that is passionate about beginning it’s creative journey. The Intern will receive a well-rounded experience in the vintage fashion industry, from sales to retail management & online marketing.
Qualifications and Required Skills:
– You will need to be a student or recent graduate in Fashion Design. Or someone’s awesome MOM or DAD?
– Must have a good working knowledge of sewing equipment.
– The ability to perform routine maintenance and to demonstrate sewing ability.
– Should have a knowledge of linings, fabrics, button and zippers, and creating solid seams.
– The ability to work with minimal supervision and to take initiative.
– The ability to establish and maintain effective, working relationships on all professional levels.
– You must have strong communication skills and are able to take direction well.
– At the end of the day, we want someone fun & professional who can make beautiful vintage clothing tighter & shorter. Hello, there.
Additional Desired (Not Required) Skills:
– Previous sewing experience is a plus (sewing at home or for a hobby is considered experience).
– Did we mention a great sense of humour that matches a great sense of style is considered a giant PLUS?
Deadline to apply: May 22nd, 2010