we love the fact that our store is located in one of toronto’s most “ecclectic” neighbourhoods – there’s always something going down & it’s certainly chockful of all sorts of “characters” (including US! WOOHOO!!!). so here’s a little low down of what’s poppin’ & what’s GOOD in the ‘hood!
1) we recently noticed the new bike racks along upper augusta! (sorry, slow news day.)
2) the good ol’ “a buck’s life” building is finally getting a makeover & we’re stoked to know that SONIC BOOM will be moving in! hello new neighbours!
3) however, with the many changes going on along augusta – we’re saddened to see our homies at the lusitania supermarket have closed their doors. after almost 30 years! we’re going to miss them & their deli slices. (we shot our first promo ad in their fruit + juice aisle!)
4) on a lighter note: the fine folks at whippersnapper have created a community altar located at the end of lower augusta (& dundas) using recycled materials + found objects – we’re obviously big fans of this project!
5) this sunday: our neighbours at KAPISANAN will be hosting a FILIPINO YARD SALE!!! all proceeds will go towards KAPISANAN, so swing by!