kensington market is sure to be *POPPIN* this weekend! with summer getting shorter, we figured we’d save you time & direct you to kensington’s hot spots & fill you in on the little things that go on within our little hood.
1) “PERMUTATIONS” SUPAFRIK CLOSING PARTY!
If you have not yet had a chance to visit the SUPAFRIK shop or was thinking of coming again, you’ve still got Friday and Saturday but Sunday is going to be special! Since this Sunday is the famous pedestrian Sunday in Kensington Market, we’ve decided to go out with a bang by doing something interactive called “Permutations” from 1 to 7pm.
Using African-inspired images from the Chinedesign archive, you and I will create a new one-of a kind design together and instantly silkscreen it on any item you want to bring (a tee shirt, something vintage from pretty freedom, a tote bag, art paper etc). You can also pick from our selection of blank fairtrade t-shirts and bags. You will leave SUPAFRIK with something that ONLY YOU will have! Most importantly I think it will be a lot of fun with great Afrobeat music and refreshments. (See how it works here!)
2) while you grab a pint (or 4) & down deliciously affordable grub at last temptation – be sure to check out the fresh new mural in the back! (sorry, blurry picture. sorry, forgot the artist’s name. did we mention they’ve got pints?)
3) R.R.R.R.R. Reused, Repurposed, Re-imagined, Reclaimed, Re-framed:
sunday, july 31st
3PM-10:30PM / all ages / free admission
214 augusta (back lot of el gordo foods)
co-presented by whippersnapper + wavelength + snakes & ladders
Its real and hidden away in the heart of Kensington Market. Featuring a stellar line-up of bands from Toronto, Montreal and New York; artists from Toronto and Sao Paulo, Brazil; this event, taking place on July’s pedestrian Sunday, is an all day happening of radical enthusiasm, inspiration and community. (more info)
4) in other news… “the boat” across the street got a little facelift. fresh paint! (so exciting. we know.)
5) we also had the chance to sample a delicious new food stand which opened up this past week at el gordo (214 augusta). look for the yummy sugar skull “santo cartel” & enjoy.
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND & we hope to see you at PEDESTRIAN SUNDAY! (look for the paper hut!)